Last update: March 19, 2019
If you reside outside the U.S. your personally identifiable information will be transferred to the U.S., and processed and stored there under U.S. privacy standards.
We aspire to embrace privacy by design and, whenever possible, to not collect and store personally identifiable information.
Being a registered user of the Website, you may access and update or correct your personal information or contact us and entitle to do so. Unsubscribed users may request deleting all provided and gathered information at any time.
Personal Information We May Collect
The main aim of collecting your personally identifiable information is to grant you access to the Website, provide you with proper operation of the Website and maintain communication with you. All this will personalize your experience of using the Website.
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your personal information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide personal information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with the services.
Personal Information Automatically Obtained From Your Interactions With The Website
When you use the Website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the webpages you visit, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click.
We do not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use the Website.
Like many websites, we also use “cookie” technology to collect additional website usage data and to improve the Website. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk. SmartHomeTimes may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with the Website, to monitor aggregated usage by our users and web traffic routing on the Website, and to improve the Website. We use only third-party persistent cookies provided by reputable companies that help us analyze how the Website is used and to optimize our website to deliver the best possible experience. Our Cookies Policy is incorporated by this reference.
Personal Information Provided By You
If you contact us by email or through our support systems, we usually keep a record of your contact information and correspondence and may use your email address, and any information that you provide to us in your message, to respond to you.
To join the Services you will need to provide your contact and identity information, mainly name and email, in order to set your personal user subscription tied to a personal user account or when you leave your personalized requests, feedback or comment.
If you use paid membership Services you will be asked to provide your personal billing information. We do not collect your billing information. Billing information is collected and processed by our payment processors. We work with the most reliable online payment processors such as PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.net.
Third Party Content And Links
Our Website contains links to other websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, where not otherwise indicated. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We are not responsible for the content, privacy and security practices, and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Services. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information
- provide and tailor our Services;
- manage your account authentication;
- encourage a safe online experience and enforce our terms and policies;
- comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards;
- personalize users’ experience;
- aggregate your personal information for internal analytical purposes;
- inform users about the Website, products, and updates;
- communicate marketing and promotional offers to our users;
- provide customer support;
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we may process your Personal Information for the above purposes when:
- we need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries;
- we have a legal obligation to use your personal information, or
- we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information to ensure and improve the safety, security, and performance of our Website, to anonymize personal information and carry out data analyses.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. We may share and you hereby consent to our sharing of personal information with the following:
- Service providers and others who help with our business operations and assist in the delivery of the Services, including, but are not limited to, the following: maintaining servers, sending emails, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, reviewing content and providing customer service. Such service providers and other companies and people do not have any right to use personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- Government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of SmartHomeTimes or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information
We use physical, administrative, and technical safeguards that are designed to protect the personal information that we collect and maintain. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other types of misuse.
In order to be on a secure side, you must keep username and password to your service account safe, and never disclose it to a third party. We also suggest changing your account password from time to time.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us (our newsletters), please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us by sending your request to us by email at contact @ smarthometimes.com . Please be aware that, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you may still continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Services.
In certain jurisdictions you have the right to request access and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, to update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, to have the information blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or to exercise your right to data portability to transfer your personal information to another company. Those rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. In addition to the above-mentioned rights, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority subject to applicable law.
Where required by law, we obtain your consent for the processing of certain personal information collected by cookies or similar technologies or used to send you direct marketing communications, or when we carry out other processing activities for which consent may be required. If we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, delete your account or submit a request to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us.
Children Under 16
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us through our support system or at contact @ smarthometimes.com
Effective: March 19, 2019